Friday, July 2, 2010

Home Sweet Home!!!!!

This is my first official blog post in our new house!! YAY!!! Brad and I are so glad that it is over and that everything went smoothly. Last Friday we closed on both houses. We turned over our townhouse keys to the new owners, and we picked up the keys to our new house. The whole thing was pretty nerve-racking to me, but it went really well. I don't think it could have gone any smoother. I pretty much danced all the way to the car after we walked out of the attorney's office.
The rest of the weekend was really busy. Thank goodness we had family and friends to help us. We got quite a bit done for our first weekend. All of the big furniture is where it needs to be. We put everything away in the kitchen. We bought and installed blinds for over half of the windows...the only ones left are upstairs. We hung the TV on the wall above the fireplace. (This was Brad's first priority, of course.) I wasn't so sure about it at first, but it does look pretty good. Although we got a lot done, I'm sure we will be unpacking and getting settled in for a while. I can't believe it's been a week already. I've posted some pictures below. A lot of these were taken before we moved in, so the house is empty. I see many blog posts in the near future...lots of decorating!!! I can't wait!!

OUR NEW HOUSE!!!! :)


The entryway. The dining room is to the right, office to the left, and living room straight ahead. This was a few weeks before we moved in.


Looking back at the front door. Dining room to the left, office and stairs to the right.


The living room with some furniture in it.


The kitchen. I've already tried it out...those are made from scratch blueberry muffins on the island. (That's another blog post.)


Another view of the kitchen. This is before we moved in.


I have a pantry now!!! I don't know what to do with all of this space. The townhouse didn't have a pantry at all.


A view of the master bedroom from the sitting area.


The bedroom and sitting area again.


My...I mean, OUR closet. Haha. I'm in love!!!


Brad's making plans to turn the bonus room into the man cave...


It's great to be home!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. I came to your blog to tell you I was sad you hadn't blogged in forever and then I see I missed this monumental blog post!! AHHHHH... I am so excited for you guys!

    So has anyone told you yet that your house is ridiculously awesome?! Seriously, that is one sweet Home Sweet Home!

    I can't wait to see how you decorate it up. BNIB is living at home right now (and it is closer to Hendersonville) so you should def. try and put him to work, lol.

    Gorgeous! Congratulations! Can't wait for future blog posts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Amber!!!! We are so excited. It's nice to finally be settling in....I can't believe we've already been here for two weeks though. And thanks for the tip about BNIB. We just might have to recruit him. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys chose your new humble abode very nicely. It is ridiculously amazing. I am sure you all are enjoying every bit of it (as you should). Do enjoy the decorating it is much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete