Monday, August 16, 2010

Worth the Insanity


Today is the beginning of week 3 of the Insanity workout. Brad and I started this program before we went to Chicago, but then we were on vacation and the workout routine kind of went down the drain. You saw those big pieces of delicious pizza...we just couldn't resist!!! So, we decided that Insanity would have to wait until we got back home.

Now we have made it to week three. It's a 60 day program, and trust me, they came up with the right name for this workout!! It is the hardest workout that I have ever done. Take a look for yourself. This is right after a workout.

I know, I know....WHY would I post this horrendous photograph??!! I will probably be asking myself the same question the next time I look at this post, but right now I'm thinking that I want to show what these workouts do to you and how exhausted we are afterwards. I would say we both look a little Insane!! ;)

 I love it because it doesn't require any equipment at all. It's circuit training and you just use your body weight. You workout six days a week (we have missed a couple of days here and there, but we really try to stay on schedule) and do a "fit test" every two weeks to see how your strength and stamina are progressing. Today was my second fit test and I improved in every exercise!! I even doubled the number of reps that I could do in some of the exercises!! SO encouraging after pressing through these exhausting workouts!! I threw our scale away a few months ago after it broke, so I'm not sure what I weighed when we started, but I picked one up last week so that I can keep track from here on out.
Two weeks down, gotta keep pushing on. Or as Shaun T would say, "DIG DEEPER!!"  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment