Sunday, March 6, 2011

Chocolate Footballs

I was feeling a little festive for the Super Bowl this year. Mom and Adam were in town visiting, and Brian came over to watch the game too. We had some yummy finger foods like chips and dips, wings, pigs in a blanket, etc, but I also wanted to try something new. So I attempted the football cake balls from who else, but bakerella?! They are just like her cake balls, where you mix the prepared cake with a can of frosting and shape them into whatever you like, and then dip them in melted chocolate and decorate. They were  fairly easy to make, but I can definitely use some practice in shaping them. I have to give mom some credit too, because she helped me shape some of these footballs. We took some down to our neighbors who were hosting a Super Bowl party, and the kids were excited about them. Even though they didn't turn out perfectly, they still tasted pretty good!



No comments:

Post a Comment