Sunday, March 18, 2012

A bathroom makeover

I got the itch to makeover our downstairs half bathroom a few weeks ago. So I started searching for ideas online. I googled pictures and paint colors and searched pinterest. I am really loving grey right now... like everyone else it seems. And I came across the picture on pinterest that sparked my interest.
Pinned Image

I know it's a bedroom, but I really like the colors. I decided on a little lighter, smokier grey with more coral accents instead of pink. I was kind of nervous about actually going through with the grey. Every other room that we have painted in our house is much warmer. I also didn't want to go super light with the grey... I always tend to lean towards the darker colors for some reason. Finally I said, enough with worrying about how it will look, just do it!! So we did!  I went to Home Depot picked out some paint and Brad took care of that small room in a couple of hours. I went with this color:



It's called "anonymous." And I absolutely love it!! I took down the mirror that the builders hung in there and hung this white one from Target.

White Flat Mirror

I can't get the picture to turn vertically, but the mirror is hanging vertically above the pedestal sink.
Love it!!
So clean and fresh!!

Now I just need a few more finishing touches... shelves, maybe a small standing shelf in the corner, art work with splashes of color, towels, and a towel rack. I hoping to come up with something creative to hang our towels with.

I'll post pics when it's finished. I'm sure it would be kind of boring and plain for now without the finishing touches. So excited about sprucing up our plain jane half bath!!

No comments:

Post a Comment