Monday, February 8, 2010

Confessions of a Bookworm



Sure, I will admit it. I am a HUGE bookworm!! I absolutely love to dive into a great book. In my dream house, I would have a big library and I would slide along the rows on a wooden ladder singing at the top of my lungs like Belle does in Beauty and the Beast...I know, a little extreme, but I just might do it!!
As much I love to go off into my own little world with interesting characters and a great story, I just don't have much time to do it anymore. Between work and the daily routine of life, my poor books are neglected more often than not. However, today was my day off, all of the laundry was done, the house was sparkly clean from the weekend, and I had no errands to run, so I planned a day of reading. And that's exactly what I did!!!
I started reading The Shack by William P. Young yesterday, and I finished it today. I didn't know alot about the book when I bought it, but I had heard great reviews, so I thought I would give it a shot. I'm so glad that I did. I don't want to ruin the story, but it is about tragedy, family, hope, love and God. I have never read another book like it. I found myself relating to the main character multiple times throughout the book. I could relate to his heartache, his anger, his doubt and his worry...maybe not in the same instance as him, but I could relate to it, and I think alot of other people can too. I found that it was very thought-provoking. It really made me stop, look inside and do a little soul searching. The Shack is a great example and explanation of God's grace, love, mercy and healing hands!! I would recommend this book to everyone, and I hope that anyone who reads it feels as hopeful and joyful as I did when I closed the back cover!
I find it amazing that God puts things in front of us just when we need it the most. And with somewhat of a challenging week ahead of me, this was just the reminder I needed that God is with us through all of our challenges, big and small!!

No comments:

Post a Comment