Sunday, February 21, 2010

Yay for the weekend and the sunshine!!

What a beautiful weekend!!! It is so great to finally see the sun again. I was excited about the first big snow that we got. It was pretty and we had fun on our air mattress, but I didn't need all of those extra dark cloudy days of flurries, ice and slush!! It's amazing what a little sunshine does for your mood and attitude, too. This has been a much needed nice and gorgeous weekend!!

The work week was pretty stressful. I already knew it was going to be a long week, because I had to work Monday and that is usually my day off. I know, I know, I'm such a spoiled baby complaining about having to actually work a 5 day work week. It's hard when you aren't used to it though! :) On top of the long week, we have major changes in our hygiene department. I won't go into boring details...that's for another blog...but it has changed my whole routine and schedule. So, needless to say, the other hygienist and I are about to pull our hair out!! I know that it will all settle down and be okay eventually, but right now it's pretty crazy! Anyhow, I pretty much danced my way out of the office when 1:00 rolled around on Friday.

The weekend was great, but pretty busy. Friday night Brad and I just hung out at home. I passed out on the couch at 8:30 and didn't get up until 8:30 Saturday morning. Yeah, I would say I was pretty tired.

Saturday morning we met with some friends of ours who are getting ready to open their chiropractic physician's office in Murfreesboro. Brad has been helping them get their accounts set up and that kind of thing, and while we were there, they officially asked him to be the accountant for the practice after he finishes his CPA. We were so excited!! I think it's great that he is starting to build potential clients before he even completes the full exam!! Go Brad go!! :)

Then we headed up to White House so that my co-worker's husband could help Brad install a new window motor in his truck. The poor thing was at the drive thru at lunch on Friday and the window wouldn't roll back up. They did get it fixed though. When they were done, the four of us went to the movies and saw Shutter Island. We all loved it!! It wasn't a scary movie, just suspenseful. I won't give out any details, but I would recommend it if you like that kind of movie!

And today, I went to the library and got five books. I actually ran out of books to read here at home, and that doesn't happen very often. I picked authors that I haven't read before, so hopefully I will find something that I like!! From there I went shopping and stopped and got Brad some Dippin' Dots on the way home. He has been studying all day, and I thought that would give him a good excuse to take a break. He has been studying so hard for months!! He sits for the second section of the CPA exam on Friday. He should find out the results from the first and second sections in March. After that, he has two sections to go, and he will probably complete those sometime this summer. I will be so glad when he is done with all of it. I know he will be glad too!!! Anyway, we took a walk around the block while we ate Dippin' Dots and now he's back to studying and I'm washing clothes and watching the Olympics, which I love by the way. USA all the way!! One more day left of my weekend, and you better believe I'm going to enjoy every second of it!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment