Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Better late than never

New Year's Resolutions. Almost everyone makes them, and almost no one actually keeps them. I am DETERMINED to keep mine this year! Yes, I'm getting a bit of a late start, but a couple of weeks isn't too bad. That just means that I've really put some thought into them, right??!!!...

1. Of course, I have to make a resolution related to being in shape and healthy. And I think I've figured out a realistic goal for myself. I am going to run a 5K this year. I know it's only 3.1 miles, but I will admit that I am NOT a runner at all!! I will most likely NEVER run a marathon, but a 5K I can handle. I have made resolutions to eat better and exercise regularly in the past, but I think that this gives me more of a specific goal to work towards. I am in the process of finding a race to sign up for so that I can go ahead and register and start training!! I would also like to go back to the Insanity workouts and actually complete the 60 day program, but first things first...5K!!

2. I also want to work on my blog. I would like to blog more often, and be a little more creative. It's fun to write about what's going on in the little world of the Jones house, but I'm sure that can be a little boring for my loyal readers after a while...all two of them. Haha! Anyhow, I'm thinking that I might branch out and dare to let my thoughts and opinions be heard...maybe blog about something controversial or something that I love or enjoy or something that really makes me mad! I'm just thinking out loud, but it sounds kind of fun!

3. Scrapbook, scrapbook, scrapbook!!! I haven't done a single scrapbook page since we have lived in this house!! And I have absolutely no excuse. I have a craft table that my dad made for me, I got an awesome organizer for Christmas, and goodness knows that I have enough pictures and supplies to make something happen. I've only done one layout for my scrapbook of Memaw, so maybe I should make a resolution to finish it by the end of the year. That's a reasonable goal!!

4. Last one...and this one is kind of simple and silly, but I HAVE to take advantage of our neighborhood pool this summer!! It's Olympic-sized, within walking distance from our house, and pretty much amazing!! We probably only went about four times last summer....pitiful!! You wouldn't think that I would have to remind myself to go soak up the sun with a good book and a sweet pool, but for some crazy reason that I can't really put my finger on...I didn't do it last summer. So, that's it, I MUST use the pool, and use it regularly!! Maybe resolution number #1 will get me more motivated to keeping this one. ;)

And there you have it! Though they really aren't extraordinary, these are my goals for 2011...and I WILL meet each one of them!! Updates on my progress to come...

1 comment:

  1. Good, good list! That going to the pool one sounds like sooooooooo much work, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete