Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas and New Year's Eve

Whew!! What a whirlwind the holidays were this year!! I really LOVE Christmastime. I love the feeling of family and tradition, I love shopping for friends and family, and I love cooking, baking and preparing for Christmas. As much as I love those things, I know that I can let them stress me out a little too. But there is a really easy fix for that, I just stop and remember the true reason for the season. The small stuff really doesn't matter when you stop and remember that we are truly gathering to celebrate Jesus. And He doesn't care if our Christmas outfit doesn't look exactly the way WE want it to, or if our turkey is a little to done for OUR liking, or whatever it is that you and I worry about during the craziness of the holidays. He loves us no matter what, and what a wonderful thing to celebrate!!
Brad and I had a very blessed Christmas with family and a wonderful New Year's Eve with family and friends. We spent Christmas Eve night playing on Adam's new XBOX and Wii games. And for New Year's Eve, it was karaoke all night. So much fun!! Here are a few snapshots of the festivities!!

Family photo

The Girls

Another family photo after Pepaw arrived

Adam's XBOX...he really was surprised

And the kinnect


Brad and Chruchill

Karaoke Girls


Being silly...Brian snuck in the background

Singing and dancing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment