Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Just Like a Kid Again


That's how I feel with all of this vacation talk...like a kid counting down the days til summer. Brad and I are going on vacation in July and we haven't made any reservations yet. Yes, July will be here before we know it, but you know me, once a procrastinator always a procrastinator. And besides, we haven't been able to decide where we want to go. I'm always pushing the Disneyworld idea. I keep telling Brad that I really want to go by ourselves, before we have kids. That's basically because I'm still a kid at heart, and I don't want to share Disney with kids just yet. Selfish, but true. He has never been completely against Disneyworld, he just isn't as excited about the idea as I am. I know we would have a blast if we went, but it looks like we will have to wait a little longer to find out.
After much discussion, research, googling, etc, here is our tentative plan. We are headed to Chicago first. Neither of us have been there. In Chicago, we will go to a Kings of Leon concert and a Cubs/Cards game. YAY for both of those!!!! Brad just about wet his pants when he found out the Cards were going to be in Chicago the weekend we are going to be there. I'm sure we won't get harassed at all when we sport our red and white from head to toe. Heehee. Brad can't wait to eat Chicago pizza, and I can't wait to do Chicago shopping...I hear they are both incredible!! One of Brad's co-workers is from Chicago, so we are depending on him for advice...inexpensive flights, hotels, good places to eat, etc. Thus far, the plans are pretty definite. After this, we are THINKING about heading to another city...possibly New York???!!!! Again, this part we aren't sure of. My friends, Abigail and Kari, went to NY last summer, so I'm in the process of getting some info from them. If not NY, then we will either just stay in Chicago or just pick another city....just not sure of any back up cities yet though.
Needless to say, we are getting very excited!!! For the last couple of years our vacations have been pretty quiet and mellow, (Gatlinburg in October 2008 and quiet, cozy, beachfront Beaufort, SC in September 2009) and we have had a blast on both trips, but this year we wanted something a little more fast-paced and busy. So I guess we are headed to the big city, and maybe even the big apple!! :) The down side to all of this... if we are headed to Chicago and NY, there is no way I will be able to get out of flying this year...I won't think about that right now though. :) Hopefully we will get all of the details planned out soon!!! It will be time to count down the days before long.... Yay for vacation!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay,
    Erik has never been to Disneyworld, and I kept saying that I wanted to with him, without kids, before we ever had any...well, it never happened. I completely agree that its something you should do BEFORE children. Then, you can take the kiddos later when they're old enough to enjoy it.
    Chicago: Oh my goodness I LOVE CHICAGO!!! The shopping is awesome, the scenery is great, and its such a neat place. We went in May, but if I ever go again, I am definitely waiting til July or August. Its just so cold!! Even in May, the wind is terrible and I had to wear a toboggan...oh and don't ask for a toboggan up there, they'll look at you like you're crazy. It's a "snow cap." or whatever?! My brother-in-law and I were looking all over for one, and finally found one in the Timberland store on Michigan Ave. Thing is, when you're not behind a building and in the sun, you won't need it, but if you're not, you freeze. I was taking my coat on and off constantly! LOL
    New York: Never been, but am soooo wanting to go!

    ReplyDelete