Monday, April 5, 2010

A Crafty Monday!!

It has been so long since I've taken time to work on my scrapbooks. I've been making plans to work on them again for months now. So, between wanting to scrapbook and wanting to try out some goodies from Bakerella, I decided that today would be a day just for that!!
I chose one of Bakerella's recipes and headed to the grocery this morning. I decided on Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies. Bakerella actually got this recipe from Betty Crocker, but she added her own chocolate ganache as a frosting. This is one of the easiest and fastest recipes I could find there. I wanted to do something simple since I needed to squeeze in scrapbooking too. So, when I got home I started on the brownies and put them in the oven. Then, I headed upstairs to start scrapping. I've been gathering pictures to do a memorial scrapbook of Memaw. This will be the first scrapbook I make that I will actually get to keep for myself. All of the others I've made have been gifts. So I finished my first layout for that today. Here are a few shots of my projects.

These are the only ingredients you need for the brownies, other than frosting or chocolate ganache.

Simply follow the directions on the brownie mix and pour into baking dish. Then follow the directions on the cookie mix and drop cookie dough into brownie mix, one heaping teaspoon at a time.

This is what they look like fresh out of the oven...Yum!!!

Covered in chocolate ganache...

And ready to eat!!!


And here is my finished Layout...the first one for my scrapbook of Memaw

A close up of the journaling

A couple of close ups of the stamping and rub ons



I really enjoyed this crafty day!! Hopefully it won't be as long before I have another one!!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the scrapbook page!! and the little paragraph is so sweet :)) Also, those brownies look AMAZING!!
    LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bran!! They were both lots of fun to make!!! :) Wish you were here to eat some of the brownies....if I start doing alot of baking, I'm gonna have to find some people to eat the goodies so we don't!!!! ;) LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm happy I found a fellow blogger! Those brownie/cookies (brownookies?) look awesome!

    ReplyDelete