Monday, April 19, 2010

A Wedding Weekend

I think I am finally rested up from a busy weekend of wedding festivities. Our friends, Scott Gibson and Sarah Bishop were married on Saturday at the beautiful Belle Meade plantation.
The rehearsal dinner was Friday night at the Embassy Suites downtown. I wish I would have thought to take pictures of the delicious meal. It started with an appetizer of chips and some sort of blue cheese dip. Yumm!! We had steak, shrimp, rice and some other side dish....it looked like a huge hushpuppy. Still not sure what it was, but it was delicious!! We were so stuffed, I wasn't sure that we would be able to get up from the table, and then they brought in dessert....key lime pie and chocolate covered strawberries. Should I have forced myself to make room for the tempting plate of sugar? Probably not! But did I do it anyway? You know it!! It was definitely worth it. The whole meal was awesome!! Here are a couple of pictures of the hubby and me and of Sarah and me:


The wedding was Saturday evening at the Belle Meade plantation. It was the first time Brad and I had ever been there, and it was absolutely beautiful!! The weather was perfect. The sun was shining, but there was a little breeze, so it wasn't too hot. The bride looked beautiful and the wedding definitely had Sarah and Scott's personal stamp on it, all the way to the recessional, which was to the tune of Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust." :) We were able to see alot of friends from college that we hadn't seen in a while. Everyone had a great time!! Lots of food, friends and dancing!




Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. Gibson!!!

1 comment: