Monday, April 26, 2010

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing...

the handyman would get here already!! He was supposed to be here at 12:00, and two hours later I'm still waiting. I know this shouldn't surprise me at all, but it doesn't make it any less annoying. Not that I had tons of things to do today, but I'm just kind of stuck here with nothing to do but wait. I can't go for the run I was hoping for this afternoon, because he will probably knock on my door the minute I round the corner of the neighborhood. So maybe I will just read a book, start a movie, or bake something....yes, I know that baking something chocolaty, warm and delicious will create quite the opposite effect on my body than my run would have, but it's soooo much fun!! If I decide to go that route, I will just have to share with neighbors, take them to work tomorrow, or send them to work with Brad, so that we don't eat them all!!

After all of my whining and complaining about waiting on the handyman...why is a handyman coming to my house, anyway? Because we finally SOLD it!!! Yay!!! And he is going to fix the handful of things the buyers requested we fix. It's nothing major, thank goodness. We are already done with the inspections, appraisal, paperwork, etc, so we are really getting excited now. We have to be out by June 25, which means we have two months to find a house. Needless to say, alot of my free time is spent on the Internet looking at house after house after house. Yesterday, we drove by a few that we liked on the Internet. We were planning on going to a few open houses, but most of them were cancelled due to the storms. Instead, we met some friends at the Loveless Cafe for lunch (Can you say DELICIOUS!!!) and then we did a little window shopping. Hopefully we will be able to look at them in more detail next weekend.

So, I guess instead of griping about waiting on the handyman, I should be thankful for the reason he is coming. However, if I end up baking something yummy and eating it, I'm going to blame him for my bad decisions and increased intake of calories for today!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment