Sunday, April 4, 2010

My New Hero....Bakerella


I'm not the best cook in the world by any means, but I do like to try different recipes for dinner every now and then. And I do feel like I am getting better. Brad doesn't seem to complain anyways. Ha!
Through my cooking experiences, I have realized that I love to bake!!! Once again, I'm no expert, but I do get in major baking moods fairly often. Well, one of those moods hit me as soon as I got off work on Friday afternoon. I had good intentions of diving into a cookbook and baking up something yummy over the weekend, but I got busy with different plans and errands and that did not happen. So, I told myself, "Monday, I WILL bake something!!" I am going to make time for it one way or another.
I flipped through a couple of cookbooks earlier tonight and found some possibilities, but as I was looking through the books, I remembered a baking blog that my co-worker told me about last week. The website is www.bakerella.com. As soon as the first picture popped up, I got so excited!! This lady, Bakerella, has been experimenting with different baking ideas, techniques, recipes, etc, for years. She posts photos and the actual recipes so that her followers can try the projects too. She is SO creative and has the CUTEST things ever!!! I can't wait to try some of her recipes!! If you like to bake, this website is a MUST!!
I've always loved baked goods...muffins, cakes, brownies, cookies, cupcakes, bread, anything fresh out of the oven is definitely a weakness for me. My grandma makes wonderful bread. After I got married, she gave me the recipe and I have been practicing and trying to fine tune my bread ever since then. I've come along way from that first batch of rolls that did not rise one bit, but I know that they will never be as good as hers. It sure is fun to try though!! My mother-in-law is a true cookie queen!! Again, I have a couple of her recipes, and I have tried them a few times. They are getting better, but definitely not comparable!! Growing up, many of my birthday cakes were homemade. I'm not talking about plain sheet cakes. I'm talking about a 3D Winne the Pooh cake that was shaped and piped to the very last detail...and so many more. However, this is one thing I have not tried yet, but I do intend to. I am seriously thinking about taking an intro to cake decorating at JoAnn's. How fun would that be??!! I keep telling my self that I need to gather pictures of those cakes from my mom and scrapbook them...what great memories to scrap!!
So, it seems that I've always been surrounded by baking one way or another. Maybe that's why it is so fun to me. No matter the reason, it is one of my hobbies and I can't wait to try out some of Bakerella's creations!!! I will have to take pictures of my own baking adventures and blog about them as I go. Can't wait to see what happens!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment